Mark Isherwood was first elected as an Assembly Member for North Wales in 2003, before being re-elected in 2007, 2011 and 2016.
He was also Chair of the Welsh Parliament's Cross Party Groups on Autism, Neurological Conditions, Hospices and Palliative Care, Funerals and Bereavement and Fuel Poverty. Co-Chair of Assembly Cross Party Group on Disability.
Mark lives in Flintshire with wife Hilary. They have six children and four grandchildren.
A former Treuddyn Community Councillor, School Governor (and Chair) of Ysgol Parc y Llan and voluntary Board Member of Venture Housing Association.
Former Building Society Area Manager in North Wales.
He was also:
- Vice President - North Wales Disability Resources Centre
- Patron – Flintshire Disability Forum
- Ambassador for Clwyd Girl Guides
- Vice President – North Wales Play
- Member of Conwy District CAB/ Citizens Advice Conwy
- Member – Glyndwr University Court
- Trustee – FNF Both Parents Matter Cymru
- Patron – British Association of Social Workers
- Member – North Wales Business Club
- Member – North Wales Wildlife Trust
- Member – Vice President’s Club, Boys and Girls Clubs of Wales
- Patron – Policy Forum for Wales
- Founder of CHANT Cymru (Community Hospitals Acting Nationally Together).